As a General Member of the Black Hills Area Multi-Housing Association, we agree to conduct business in accordance with the following Code of Conduct:
- We conduct all business transactions in a straightforward and honest manner. We pay our obligations in a timely manner and communicate with our suppliers/vendors when terms or circumstances change.
- We conduct our business transactions with active knowledge of and affirmative compliance with federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- We comply with federal, state and city fair housing laws. We do not discriminate against persons because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, handicap or familial status.
- We respond promptly to resident complaints and address grievances in a fair, honest and timely fashion.
- We process all security deposit transactions in accordance with South Dakota codified laws.
- We treat our residents and business suppliers/vendors with respect and integrity.
- We encourage and provide training and education for our personnel.
- We encourage our personnel to be proactively involved in and otherwise supportive of association and community-based programs and to conduct themselves appropriately at such functions.
- The Black Hills Area Multi-Housing Association reserves the right to deny, suspend or terminate membership in the association for any member who knowingly and repeatedly violates this Code of Conduct and fails to promptly and properly rectify any violations.